1. Look the pastor straight in the eye while he’s preaching and say "Amen" once in awhile, and he’ll
preach himself to death.
2. Pat him on the back and brag on his good points, and
he’ll probably work himself to death.
3. Rededicate your life to Christ and ask the preacher
for some job to do, preferably some lost person you
could win to Christ, and he’ll die of heart failure!
4. Get the Church to unite in prayer for the preacher,
and he’ll soon become so effective that some larger
church will take him off your hands.
5. Ask the preacher to do that 10-week stewardship sermon series again this year.
6. Ask if you can be the permanent teacher of the high school boys class.
7. Sit on the front pew and take notes during the sermon.
8. Compliment the preacher and the song leader on their choice of the new hymns and choruses that you had never heard before.
9. Be sure to mention that the temperature in the sanctuary was just right Sunday for worship.
to run the sound system
to do the opening or closing prayer
to help where needed on Men's Day - even sing in the choir