|Can you imagine...
. . . working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:
Can you guess which organization this is?
- 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud
- 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
- 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
- 3 have done time for assualt
- 71 can not get a credit card due to bad credit
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
- 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
submitted by Mike Curry
If you need to e-mail your state or federal senator or representative, go toCongress
Aren't you proud that our Tennessee Senators were just a lawyer turned actor turned politician and a doctor turned politician?
This was in 2001. If you have seen any new numbers, let me know.
Site-specific content Copyright (c) 2000 FaithSite.com or Used by Permission|
All other content Copyright (c) 2000 FaithSites, Inc. All rights reserved.
If you are offended by anything on this page, click here.