....Father James Keller
- Hope looks for the good in people, instead of harping on the worst.
- Hope opens the doors where despair closes them.
- Hope discovers what can be done instead of grumbling about what cannot.
- Hope draws its power from a deep trust in God and the basic goodness of
- Hope "lights a candle" instead of "cursing the darkness."
- Hope regards problems, small or large, as opportunities.
- Hope cherishes no illusions, nor does it yield to
- Hope sets big goals and is not frustrated by repeated difficulties or
- Hope pushes ahead when it would be easy to quit.
- Hope puts up with modest gains, realizing that "the
longest journey starts with one step."
- Hope accepts misunderstanding as the price for serving the greater good of others.
- Hope is a good loser because it has the divine assurance of final victory.