|Murphy's Laws for Parents
- The tennis shoes you must replace today will go on sale next week.
- Leakproof thermoses - will.
- The chances of a piece of bread falling with the grape jelly side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.
- The garbage truck will be two doors past your house when the argument over whose day it is to take out the trash ends.
- The shirt your child must wear today will be the only one that needs to be washed or mended.
- Gym clothes left at school in lockers mildew at a faster rate than other clothing.
- The item your child lost, and must have for school within the next ten seconds, will be found in the last place you think to look.
- Sick children recover miraculously when the pediatrician enters the treatment room.
- Refrigerated items, used daily, will gravitate toward the back of the refrigerator.
- Your chances of being seen by someone you know dramatically increase if you drive your child to school in your robe and curlers.